Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Filing Reports by Telephone

Citizens may file some non-emergency police reports by telephone.  Police cadets (See:  Police:  Explorers & The Cadet Unit) are able to take information from complainants by telephone on some non-emergency type crimes for which there may have been a substantial time delay or for which there is very little suspect information.  Some reports that cadets typically handle include vehicle break-ins, forgery investigations, and some harassment complaints.

While hours for which this service is available may vary, cadets are typically scheduled during daylight hours, Monday through Friday.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Contact the Bowling Green Police Department and ask for a cadet to take your report by phone.  Provide your name, the location of the incident, and a telephone number at which you can be reached by the next available cadet.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Staff the Cadet Unit as manpower permits, typically during daylight hours, Monday through Friday.  File and maintain official police reports as required.  Treat all reports filed in this manner with the same consideration that these reports would have received had they been filed by a beat officer in the field.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

The Cadet Unit, Bowling Green Police Dept., 911 Kentucky St., (270) 393-4000

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.