Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:


As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Report bite incident to Animal Control & Protection, ideally within 24 hours.  (If the bite has broken the skin, the bite victim should seek medical attention and report the incident immediately.)  Include a description of the animal involved, the circumstances of the bite, and the pet owner's name and address.  If the owner of the animal is not known, the last location of the animal is extremely helpful.  If the animal can be held until an officer arrives or if it can be located by the Animal Control Officer, it will be impounded.  Report description of any aggressive animal, its location, and the owner's address (if known) to Animal Control & Protection.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

The bite animal will be quarantined for a ten-day period and proper rabies vaccination and registration verified.   The Health Department often assists with the quarantine and bite investigation.  Officers will respond immediately and impound aggressive animals running loose or issue a citation if a violation is witnessed.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Animal Control & Protection, Neighborhood & Community Services Department, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-4000

Warren County Health Department, (270) 842-0061

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.