Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Outdoor/Upholstered Furniture

Upholstered and other indoor furniture is prohibited from use or storage outdoors by City ordinance.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Do not allow indoor furniture to be used or stored outdoors at any property you own in the City.  Call City Central with any complaints regarding upholstered or indoor furniture being used or stored outdoors or on porches.  Be prepared to give an exact location of the violation.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

A City Code Enforcement Inspector will inspect the property to determine if a violation is present.  If a violation is noted, a Notice of Violation will be sent to the property owner giving them a finite period of time in which they should come into compliance.  If the property owner does not comply, the Notice of Violation automatically becomes a Citation that will go before the Code Enforcement Board for review.  The violator may be fined.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City Central, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.