Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Open Burning

It is unlawful to kindle any fire, including for the burning of leaves and other waste materials, within the city limits of Bowling Green.  Companies and private citizens may request a permit from the Bowling Green Fire Department for some types of controlled burns on private property.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

To request a controlled burn permit, contact the Bowling Green Fire Department at 270-393-3702.  You may be required to appear in person and sign a request form prior to your proposed burn date, so call ahead.  To report an unlawful, unattended or uncontrolled fire, contact the 911 Communications Center.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

The Bowling Green Fire Department may issue burn permits as they deem appropriate.  Suppression units will be dispatched to any un-permitted burn locations within the city limits of Bowling Green to extinguish unlawful and/or uncontrolled fires.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

911 Communications Center:  911

Bowling Green Fire Headquarters, 625 E. 6th  Ave., 270-393-3702

Residential Burn Permit Application

Commercial Burn Permit Application

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.