Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Driveway Locations

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Driveway locations and dimensions should be shown on building permits submitted to the Building Division.  In addition, contact the Traffic Engineer prior to making any changes to an existing driveway such as location, number of access points, width, etc. 

This is not required for applying new asphalt to an existing driveway where no changes to location, number of access points, width, etc. has taken place.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Traffic Engineer will review the plan within a given period of time, typically five business days for residential type permits and ten business days for commercial type building permits, and approve or make recommendations according to City ordinance. 

For more information, see the Traffic Management Manual posted on our web site at More specifically, the section on Access Management.


If I am interested, who do I contact...

Engineering Division (Traffic), Public Works Dept., 1011 College St., (270) 393-3227

City Central, NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3444

Online Request Form:

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.