Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

House Checks by Police

The Bowling Green Police Department will conduct extra patrols of your home while you are away.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Contact the Bowling Green Police Department to request a house check.  You may also want to contact a trusted neighbor to have them watch your home while you are away and/or have them pick up any mail.  (You may also want to have your newspaper/mail service halted while you are gone.)  You will need to provide the dispatcher with information regarding vehicles that will be in your driveway, the times/dates you expect to leave and return, the name and telephone number of an emergency contact person, and details related to any persons who may be house-sitting, location of timed lights, and so on.  You will also need to contact the Police Department to let them know when you have returned home.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Beat patrol officers will check your home periodically for signs of any unusual activity and will step up extra patrols in your neighborhood.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Bowling Green Police Dept., 911 Kentucky St., (270) 393-4000

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.