Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Citizen Access to Public Records

Citizens may inspect and have copies made of City public records pursuant to the Kentucky Open Records Act as provided in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Submit your request in writing or complete a Public Records Inspection Application.  Forms may be obtained from the following links:

Completed forms should be filed with the Office of City Clerk or with the specific department having possession of the records being requested.  All requests for Police records must be submitted to the Police Department.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Receive and process Open Records Requests according to the law.  The City must respond within five business days from the receipt of the request.  In most cases the records requested will be provided for inspection.   Copies will be provided for a fee per page.  If the request is for commercial purposes, costs will vary.  In other cases, within the five day time frame, the City may indicate a need for additional time or deny some or part of the request.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Office of City Clerk, City Hall, P.O. Box 430, 1001 College St., (270) 393-3688 or individual City departments

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.