Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Business License Requirements

Any person, partnership, corporation or other legal entity must register with the Occupational License Division prior to conducting business inside the city limits.  A local business is one that either owns or has a valid lease for over six months for a permanent, properly zoned business site or involves regular or routine visits to an established customer base within the city.

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Pay a one-time registration fee for a "local business."    The business must also file an annual Net Profit License Fee Return with the City and withhold the occupational tax from the wages paid to any employees working in the City.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Collect registration fees and Occupational License fees and maintain an accurate database of valid licenses.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City of Bowling Green, License Division, P.O. Box 1410, 1017 College St., (270) 393-3000

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.