Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Sign Permits (Permanent)

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

To obtain a permit to erect/install a permanent sign, submit the following items to the Building Division for their review:

  1. A completed sign permit application.
  2. If the sign is free standing, a PDF of a professional plot plan.
  3. Dimensioned drawings of the proposed sign(s); (there are specific needs by different agencies that will review the sign and so more information may be required once permit is submitted); stamped structural drawings may be required.
  4. Structural detail and/or engineered drawings of the sign footer may also be required.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

The permit application and the plot plan will be reviewed by a Building Inspector/Plan Reviewer and then submitted for review by City-County Planning Commission, City of Bowling Green Public Works Engineering Division, Contractors’ Licensing, Occupational Licensing, Treasury Dept. and the applicable utility company. The project will be checked for compliance with zoning regulations, applicable traffic related concerns, and utility easements. Sign Permits are normally approved within five (5) working days.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Building Division, Neighborhood & Community Services Dept.,NCS Building, 707 E. Main Avenue, (270) 393-3615

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.