Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Stray or Unwanted Animals

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Call Animal Protection and provide description of animal, location of animal and address of pet owner, if known.  Citizens may bring stray animals to the Humane Society during regular business hours at no charge.  Pet owners may bring unwanted animals to the Humane Society during regular business hours.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Animal Control Officers will respond to complaints as soon as possible. If an animal is seen off its owner's property, it will be impounded and a citation and fine may be issued to the owner.   Holding periods for stray animals may vary, but are no less than 5 days.  After the established holding period, the animal will be evaluated and may be placed available for adoption at that time, or may be humanely destroyed.  Animals turned in by their owners may be placed for adoption or euthanized immediately at the discretion of the animal shelter.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Animal Protection, Neighborhood & Community Services. or (270) 393-4000.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.