Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Lost and Found or Reclaiming Impounded Pets

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Citizens with lost pets should visit or call the Bowling Green-Warren County Humane Society to complete a lost card for their missing pet. Owners should put rabies and identification tags on their pets.  It is also helpful to provide the Humane Society with a photograph of the pet.  Anyone who has found a lost pet can call the Humane Society to find the owner through a dog or cat license, to have the animal impounded, or to give the shelter a description of the pet for a found report if they choose to keep the animal until an owner can be located.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

Humane Society staff will match lost cards to found cards or impounded animals.  If owners can be identified, they will be notified that their pet has been impounded.  Owners shall be assessed a fee for reclaiming impounded pets and/or for boarding and any medical costs incurred.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

Bowling Green-Warren County Humane Society, 1925 Old Louisville Rd., (270) 842-8572

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.