Notice: The City of Bowling Green and Warren County have sustained severe damages on December 11th due to severe weather and tornadoes. For the latest information, please visit:

Zoning Ordinances

As a citizen it is my responsibility to...

Anyone with a question regarding any part of the Zoning Ordinance (current zoning, permitted and special uses, setback requirements, landscaping requirements, parking requirements, permit requirements, site plan review board and commission information, etc.) should contact the City-County Planning Commission.   A street address, property identification number and/or case number is usually required to answer questions.  Please provide as much information as possible when asking about a specific property.

It is the responsibility of the city to...

General zoning information can usually be provided promptly over the telephone.  Some information is also provided on the Planning Commission’s website or on their online GIS map.  More specific questions or problems may require a visit to the Planning Commission office.  Additionally, the Planning office provides maps of various sizes for a fee.

If I am interested, who do I contact...

City-County Planning Commission, 922 State St., (270) 842-1953


Is there anything wrong with this page?

Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.