Fireworks Rules & Safety Tips
- June 11, 2018
- Fire Department
- Marlee Boenig - 270-393-3120
- Bowling Green, KY
Fireworks are an American tradition but there are many safety tips that need to be followed in order to use them safely. Please keep these tips in mind if you choose to purchase and discharge fireworks.
* Fireworks cannot be discharged on public property, including public roadways.
* Young people suffer the majority of fireworks injuries, so they should never be allowed to light the fireworks.
* Remember to wear eye protection around lit fireworks.
* Remember that any firework has the potential to cause serious injury so caution should always be exercised when using them.
* Most people feel that sparklers are safe for children to hold, but sparklers burn at several hundred degrees and cause major burns if touched.
* Never point or throw fireworks at anyone.
* Always keep a water hose and bucket of water close by for emergencies and to soak misfired or spent fireworks in.
* If your clothes happen to catch on fire, remember to stop, drop & roll to extinguish the flames.
If you ever have a question regarding fire safety, please call the Bowling Green Fire Department at 270-393-3702.
Let us know if anything is wrong with this page. However, please don't include any personal or financial information.